Thursday, March 23, 2006

Dirty air

Breathing in ..expanding ..breathing out ..letting go ..ahhh, my breathing exercises are over. I'm sitting outside ..the air smells like dirt ..and I can hear the construction workers shouting: “whadya mean y’aint gonna do that shit ..git wit da’ program ..got any goop ..I don’t know ..got any beer ..two more hours before that shit comes in baby.” They’re turning the entrance of the canyon into condos ..I remember the fight at city hall ..it's not like I'm anti-development or anything ..it’s just got to be reasonable ..this is not New York city. Now I’m chatting online with my sister Nancy ..we’re planning a trip to San Francisco in May ..watch the cherry blossoms bloom in Golden Gate Park ..eat fish stew at Little Joes ..hang out at City Lights ..way cool. There's a northwesterly wind blowing across the deck today ..but I don’t mind ..feels like summer ..I take off my shirt. Feeling jittery ..don’t know why ..probably the ginseng root ..I feel like I can accomplish anything ..but it’s good enough to just sit here and write.

No comments: