Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Urban Trek

A big walk begins at my doorstep. The first stop .. a stone passageway that runs around back of the high school stadium. It’s not only a short-cut ..it has rails that are the same height as the bar in a dance studio. Perfect for stretching my piriformis and softening my ride. On Figueroa Street someone honks and gives me a thumbs-up. I wave but have no idea who it is. I narrow it down by women who know I’m recovering and have a bright smile. Pat springs to mind. I pass by Andrea’s place but I know she’s at work. Must remind myself to send her an IM. At Wells Fargo they have table and chairs and bottled water. Good place for a pit-stop. I tank-up ..begin writing this screed and plan my next move. The men’s room at the court house. I’m sitting in the mural room chatting with a girl and her parents from LA . They’re on a college tour ..Mount St. Marys ..Occidental ..UCSB. Her preference ..University of Utah. I gather she wants a little more distance between her and her parents. I return by way of the high school ..stretch and sit in the stands. A tune fills my head ..recovery is going well .. feels like downtown is getting closer and closer.

No comments: