Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day Six

Wednesday August 8, 2012 ~ The Interactive Metronome:   I used to be confident that I could tap my feet or clap my hands to the beat ..until a computer that measures accuracy to the nearest millisecond said otherwise. Visual feedback tells me that if I wait until I hear the beat ..I’m already too late. When I try and anticipate the beat I’m way too early. If I wait until it feels right I’m much more accurate. The trick is relying on my hands and feet to follow the rhythm without me interfering. I need to tap-in to my native abilities at responding  to external cues. Kind of like the way I used to surf or ski. Rhythm is a necessary part of walking upright ..and waking upright is a peculiarly human characteristic. How pathetic. I think I’m discovering what it’s like to be human again.

No comments: