Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day seven

Thursday August 9, 2012   Andrea, my Occupational Therapist, wakes me at 7:00 am every morning to take stock of my ‘preparation skills’. This morning I surprise her ..I’m already awake and, with my headphones blasting ..I’m rocking out to the Jerry Garcia Band on YouTube. A clever way to practice my PT training from the day before (with that interactive bastard metronome) ..following the beat with my head, hands and feet. Another attempt at neuro-muscular recruitment. Andrea (aka as Dr Dreaus) is a Renaissance woman. A former Olympic-class swimmer ..she’s in her early 20’s and into the Dead. She understands my references to subversive culture and Indie music. She renews my interest in music by Phish. So, the next morning at 7:00 am ..I’m rocking out to a Phish concert on YouTube.

No comments: