Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day eight

Friday August 10, 2012   Speech therapy  I have a Speech Therapist who leaves me speechless. She’s drop-dead gorgeous. So I'm like ..how’s this gonna work ..? Brilliantly it turns out. Seems my slack larynx isn’t hitting all the ‘fricatives’ it needs. In my rush to say something pertinent, I’m speaking gibberish. She offers me a simple remedy. Slow down and breathe. Sequence words before sending them out for production. Allow my vocal cords to concentrate on delivery and not word selection. I guess I used to rely on the sound coming out of my mouth to make that determination. Worked OK till the delay at fricatives made me trip over my words. In order to avoid that ..I’m doing an end-run around the troublesome sound, which causes me to slur my words. She cleared that up nicely. Even though I walk like a drunken sailor .. I no longer talk like one

No comments: