Sunday, May 20, 2012

Visions of Kālī

April last year Serena ingested Ayahuasca blended in a smoothie. A guide was present during the session but Serena was only aware of her during ‘re-animation’. She experienced a disassociation so complete; she lost awareness of her body and even what it meant to be human. She describes drifting like a crumpled paper bag through portals of ‘cellular and molecular’ space. “I just felt like an essence floating through space. Then ( i ) merged with a much larger entity that was all-encompassing and I recognized (the Hindu Goddess) Kali in her incarnation as consort to Lord Vishnu (the creative power of the universe). We spoke telepathically, without words, just knowing. Kali conveyed to me that I was on the right path.” Serena came away with the feeling that she is a present day ‘incarnation’ of Kali. One of many. The feeling persists even now. It has definitely strengthened her commitment to spiritual practice.
a portrait of ecstatic experience by Serena Kali Devi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recarnation of Kali....Stop scamming people of the Hindu godess and the power of spirituality.....

Bill Robertson said...

I am not. Just describing the belief of a friend. I’m not advocating anything. I do, however, document the visions of others here ..spiritual, superstitious or otherwise. I'm a psychologist so I'm weird that way. I appreciate your comment. Thank you ..