Thursday, June 2, 2011

Psych unit

“Locked inside your head do you realize the things you say never make sense? We can sit here awhile but we don't know the half of it in your defense.” KT Tuntall
Group therapy: Rose is a recent arrival. She says she’s here because she lost her cat, which she repeatedly refers to as a ‘jaguar’. “It kept me safe” she says “..nobody fucks with you when you gotta’ jaguar.” I look at Dr Russell. He says counselors had to coax her out of room 20 at the Eagle Inn because she had rendered it toxic ..a rotten mix of soiled blankets, month-old McDonalds wrappers and fuming litter boxes. Another new admit is Jeffrey. He was sent here after leaving a handwritten note at the police station, which read: “Listen, I got 20 CIA agents protecting me where I live” and demanded a ‘monogamous pretty’ woman be delivered immediately.

No comments: