Saturday, June 11, 2011

Peter Gabriel show

I’m sitting here sharing a buzz with another ‘greybeard’ named Jerry at the high school football stadium. I’m done with my workout (kinda’) and we’re sitting in the stands listening to Peter Gabriel (and his orchestra) playing at the bowl. Since it’s situated in the neighborhood of the high school; we can hear them loud and clear. There’s a panoramic sunset .. music fills the air ..and some of Humboldt’s finest fills my lungs. The bowl sits in a natural amphitheater surrounded by a community that sits on the slopes of the Riviera. It’s kind of like a bowl inside a bowl. Although my friend Pat lives above the bowl ..and his deck offers the best listening (and BBQ) around ..the high school stadium isn’t bad. Other greybeards are arriving ..as well as a young couple asking who’s playing. A light goes on when they hear the song ‘in your eyes’ however.

No comments: