Monday, June 14, 2010

Morning

I wake up in a trance ..take two hits of ginseng and chase them with dark coffee. I put on something compelling and turn it up loud. I borrow the will of the music to propel me. Today it’s Emilie Autumn, who is a recently discovery, but it’s whatever stimulates. Has to be something clever and edgy though. By the time I’m fully awake, I’m sitting outside on the deck, partway through a bowl of yogurt and granola, partway into a newspaper article. Today it’s about Abby Sunderland. There’s also a stack of papers and stuff I printed from the web. I’m an information junkie. I like reading material that is not written in conventional narrative ..but comes closer to expressing the unsteady course of everyday events. I suppose that’s why I prefer travel logs and stories about people beating the odds.

“We shall not cease from exploration
and the end of our exploring will be
to arrive where we started
and know the place for the fist time”
~ T.S. Eliot

4 comments:

Shimmerrings said...

That's an interesting thought to ponder. You can't stop it...

Bill Robertson said...

I believe we're all part wanderer, part homesteader. It's unavoidable ..

Shimmerrings said...

I really envy Jack Kerouac... but, he was a youngster during those days, and he took advantage of it, didn't he. I wonder if those days are gone, forever? If people can still be vagabonds, picking up and traveling at will... catching trains, hiking across the country... aahh... the life. How we do dream!

Bill Robertson said...

I always enjoy watching the movie 'Bound for Glory' ..it's about Woody Guthrie and catching trains across the country.