Sunday, November 11, 2007

Evanescence

I’m getting re-acquainted with my surroundings ~ I see wall hangings I forgot I had ~ a roommate that I definitely do not have ~ I’m hearing stories about people I don’t recognize ~ there’s a road sign ahead I’ve never seen ~ and a marquis that reads Evanescence ~ w t f ~ E V A N E S C E N C E ..? ~ why don’t I remember that ~ I must have known ~ I check to see if I have tickets ~ no ~ shit ~ it’s gotta be sold out by now ~ I call Sam ~ my county bowl connection ~ and score ~ third row center ~ I guess it wasn’t sold out after all ~ I’m waiting for the show to begin ~ from my seat ~ I can read the writing on the cymbals ~ I look around and admire the renovations ~ I remember people saying how the acoustics are ten times better ~ I can’t wait ~ the lights dim ~ smoke appears ~ curtains rise ~ Amy Lee is playing piano and singing ~ and I’m enchanted ~ suddenly the beat of a bass drum hits me in the chest ~ followed by thrashing rhythms and sonic lead ~ rattling my spine and vibrating the empty spaces inside my head ~ I can feel myself scream but I don’t hear anything ~ neither does anyone else ~ Amy Lee’s voice soars above the rumble ~ haunting yet soothing ~ uplifting ~ bringing me to my feet ~ swaying with the crowd ~ this is nothing like the folk rock concerts I‘m used to ~ this is heavy metal goth ~ but I love it ~ to me ~ Evanescence sounds like a choir of angels ~ adding a layer of harmony above the disorder going on inside ~ and outside ~ my head.

2 comments:

Oberon said...

......hi lee.....how's santa barbara.....went to brooks institute there in '80-'85.....had a great time there.

Lee William said...

santa barbara is as sweet as ever ..i live underneath brooks ..so i go by there on my way to franceschi ..sometimes i go through there ..great photos