Friday, November 16, 2007

Border patrol

Life finds a way ~ that is my favorite line from the movie Jurassic Park ~ turns out border fences don't present much of an obstacle either ~ the wall going up in Naco Arizona is a tightly woven honeycomb structure ~ designed to prevent ‘footholds’ ~ but within days it became an ideal pegboard for screwdrivers ~ which allows ‘handholds’ ~ life found a way ~ I remember the words of a zen master: ‘what’s softest in the world drives what’s hardest’ ~ and when I think about the way water wears down boulders ~ or the way thoughts knock down obstacles ~ the more I'm convinced ~ life finds a way.

4 comments:

desertrat said...

Our governor says, "Build a 10 foot fence, and I'll show you an 11 foot ladder." As far as I am concerned it is all busy work and a waste of time and money. It's actually a damn shame we can't come to some reasonable terms with the Mexican government and mount a compromise that would allow both sides to benefit -- if that's possible.
Here in the desert, where it was once Mexico before the US took it over, crossing the border for work is a time honored way of life.

Lee William said...

"Build a 10 foot fence, and I'll show you an 11 foot ladder." ~ I like that statement ..was it Arnold ?


I agree with you

Steven Harper said...

"It is the nature of stone to be satisfied. It is the nature of water to want to be somewhere else."
Mary Oliver

Lee William said...

Yes it is ..thanks Steve ..I love Mary Oliver