Friday, May 19, 2006

Ocean view

Jim is in town today ..we’re sitting outside the restaurant at Arroyo Burro beach ..and he asks me if I’ve read ‘Da Vinci Code’ yet ..like he recommended years ago ..no, I haven’t ..I instinctively avoid ‘trendy’ literature ..but I am attracted to new ideas ..especially ones that challenge the established order of things ..and I know that DaVinci Code has a world-class premise ..it's also refreshing to see ‘information’ being treated as ‘holy grail’ material ..with all of the life-giving properties that that entails. I say, you know Jim ..I’ve been around the ocean most of my life ..and it wouldn’t surprise me to learn that King Neptune has a hidden ‘grail’ full of information as well. What kind of information ? Well, if you believe that life evolved from the ocean ..then it makes sense that the secrets to sustaining life ..and curing life-threatening diseases ..are floating around out there ..I mean, would we have come this far if there wasn't something out there mopping things up ..?

2 comments:

NeverEnough said...

You always leave me with something to think about...

Darren Reece said...

Dear Lee William,
I came across your page as I was looking for others who liked the movie ‘return of Martin Guerre’. Your ideas are very stimulating and a balanced mix of modern sci/tech, naturalism and Eastern philosophy. I trained in BioMed research and moved to Korea, where I have begun to appreciate the legacy of Confucianism. There could be a path to harmony by adopting a meditative approach in this rapidly spreading, constantly stimulating neo-capitalist environment.

Best wishes,

Darren