Monday, May 8, 2006

Little red spider

I’m having my car reupholstered. I’ve never done that before. Some people say I ought to take it to Mexico and get it done ..others say I ought to just get rid of it. It’s almost 20 years old ..I guess that’s sounds like a lot ..but I’ve been holding on to it, not because I’m sentimental or anything ..but because it’s just so much fun to drive ..it feels like a skate ..I lean ..it turns. It even has a removable hard top from the factory ..also cherry red. I’ve been offered thousands for the top alone ..apparently you can’t get them unless you already own this particular model alfa even though it fits them all ..so they tell me that if I sell them mine ..I can go order another one for myself at a fraction of what they’re willing to pay ..they tell me they have friends who’ll be willing to offer me the same deal. I always say no. In fact, you can’t even buy this model alfa in the states any more. One time a guy came up to me off the street and offered to buy the car for however much I was willing to accept ..without haggling ..he pulled out a big wad of hundreds. I figured he was trying to impress his girlfriend, who was much much younger ..so I said OK ..seventy grand ..which is way way more that it’s worth. He knew that ..but I guess his girlfriend didn't ..because she's going like: yeh yeh ..I want it I want it.

No comments: