Friday, November 9, 2012

Crime Scene Investigation

I’ve got my trekking poles and I’m heading down side streets to Trader Joe’s on Milpas. I pass by Tom and Michaels’ but I don’t see them around and I don’t want to stop and break my stride. I see women’s softball practice at the high school and I do stop and break my stride. The shortstop has a mean throw to first. Farther along I see a poster for a play at the Marjorie Luke Theater saying Crime Scene Investigation Fairy Tale Unit ‘where the justice system is represented by two separate but equally ridiculous groups’ ..which makes me laugh. Sounds pretty satirical for middle school. I drop by Vera’s salon and say ‘hi’ just before a group of kids come bursting through the door. Puts a smile on my face. I wind up buying more than my pack will hold at Trader Joe’s so a crew member calls a taxi. Now I’m standing at a bus stop waiting for a taxi, the irony of which is not lost on me. Next time this happens I’m taking the bus!

No comments: