Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Santa Cruz

After Mary’s workshop, I blow-off the weekend workshop ..and turn it into a personal retreat for the next couple of days. Nice. I arrive in Santa Cruz on Monday. Now I’m on the campus of UC Santa Cruz, which is such an amazing place. It’s in the redwood forests overlooking Monterey Bay. I take a hike through the woods, processing the workshop, which still resonates ..as I go. I follow a wooded trail to the Uni library, go online and post some of my workshop experiences, from a first-person, ego-centric point of view. If you’re interested, follow the link ~>[link].  I sit and stare out the window at the redwood trees. They’re massive ..and very wise I believe. They’re the oldest living beings on the planet. I remember when I could sit by an open window and spit sunflower seeds at them. Not no more. The windows won’t open(!?) Could they be afraid someone may try to head for the woods without going down the stairs and leaving by the front door ..? Hmm, not even at the height of my psilocybin days ..

No comments: