Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sovereignty for sale


They say the worst thing you can do in an economic crises is panic. However, it’s kinda’ hard not to when I’m sitting here with a sliding sensation in my gut, like the wheels of my car have lost traction on an icy road. Only I’m not in a car, I’m sitting at my desk. They say that the world’s largest communist country, China, has now become the world’s biggest creditor. This, in turn, gives them the right to demand the U.S. surrender it’s military and social programs that are putting the value of their biggest asset at risk .. U.S. Treasury bonds and other dollar-backed securities. I think it’s time for me to make an appointment to see Dr. Gene.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Hey Bill,
I don't know if it gives them the right but it certainly gives them leverage. I think the Fed is now the USA's biggest creditor.

Bill Robertson said...

Oh great ..gives me a whole ‘nother set of horrors to consider. Hey, tell me something ..has there ever been a succession without bloodshed ..?