Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fear incorporated


Presented to the
Seminar in Neuroscience
“Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.” Arthur Somers Roche
Anxiety is a feeling of dread or apprehension that occurs for no apparent reason. It is distinguished from fear because it occurs in situations where there are no outward signs of eminent danger. It becomes debilitating when it grows out-of-proportion to ordinary events in life. Anxiety is deceptive. First it focuses attention, and then it clamps the brain into rigidity by obsessively replaying past traumas.  Read more ~> [ link ]

“O.K.
Just a little pinprick.
There'll be no more aaaaaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick.
Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good.
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go”

6 comments:

brad4d said...

I would probably be a good subject for some study of neuro-degenerative exposure.. when working with polyurethane and lacquer finishes, I read an article about chemo-anger.. could our atmosphere be causing anxiety?

Bill Robertson said...

could our atmosphere be causing anxiety?

Most definitely ..!

There are a lot of contaminants in the atmosphere causing psychological disturbances ..especially apparent during neonatal development.

Shimmerrings said...

Like...

Bill Robertson said...

Thanks ..

Nobody Special ~ Just Me said...

Wow... wow... and more wow...

I am new to blogging and was checking out some of the other sites on blogspot.com

I ran across yours (obvious) and I'm completely and thoroughly impressed.

I'll be taking some time to read all of your posts and I guess I'm hoping there is something here for me.

I am attempting to blog as a form of self-therapy if you will...

I have no idea whether it will be beneficial for me, but I'm going to make the attempt for 365 days (inspired by a movie I recently viewed).

Bill Robertson said...

Thank you so much.

Blogging for therapy ..that works for me. Hope you find it useful.

Bill