Thursday, July 16, 2009

The case against Sotomayor

In hundreds of cases that Sotomayor has decided; no one has found that she was either racially or ethnically biased. So now Republicans are taking a less-informed approach and saying that what she did in the past is not a good indication of what she’ll do in the future. Republican Senator Jeff Sessions says that her past record has no bearing on how she’ll do because the cases she decided are not like the one’s that the Supreme Court decides. Instead, they think a better indication of how she’ll do is that one remark she made about ‘wise Latinas’ ..as though this instance is representative of all instances ..and proves that her decision-making has been, and always will be ..‘experienced-based and biased’. I’m sorry, but what this tells me about our Republican leaders is that their judgment making is seriously flawed. Apparently, their horizon only goes as far as people who agree with Roberts, Scalia, Thomas and Alito ..or Rush Limbaugh.

5 comments:

Red said...

Man did you hit the nail on the head on this one. My husband is Cuban (and yes I am as American asn Lucy, you should see us, we are funny) and he thinks their system for finding a new Supreme Court seat is way out fo whack. and yet, I cannot remember( at least to my memory) anyone being deined.

Has that happened, and if so, please jog my memory.

Lee said...

Thank you ..

Robert Bork and Douglas H. Ginsburg come to mind during the Reagan adm.

I think Ginsburg withdrew after word got out he had smoked marijuana as a youth.

I remember because that's the first time I realized how marijuana laws can serve a political purpose

Shimmerrings said...

Hi-5 ya on this one too...

Lee said...

Thanks Shimmerrings, politically I'm independent ..and actually agree with some republican principles ..just not stupidity.

Shimmerrings said...

It's obsurd when people take the "stupdity ball" and just run with it... people will actually pass it around and think they are accomplishing something viable.