Monday, July 20, 2009

Medical marijuana

Written in response to an article in today's LA Times ~~>[link]

There have not been enough controlled studies of marijuana to make definitive claims about its harmful effects. The study, that you (the LATimes) report, cites evidence of tissue-loss in areas of the brain that, among other things, play a role in learning and memory. However, there is no mention of test results showing that memory-loss had, in fact, occurred. Without better information, reports chronicling the overall effects of marijuana can, at best, only suggest the possibility of harmful effects. Because marijuana is still classified as a controlled substance, it is not approved for medical research. As a result, there is still going to be a lot more smoke out there than science.

5 comments:

brad4d said...

..I don't think smoking pot affects my memory as much as (the) importance to remember..the pertinence factor of when to recall a certain detail..when taking treatment drugs, the bong reinforced my compliance timing..some friends think I should take things less seriously..

Lee said...

Brad ~ brilliant observation ..I can see how the pertinence factor may be effected when information seems less critical ..

ecelliam said...

I second Lee's comment.

The " Lifestyle choice " articale is good too. I will be reading everything that you have, it's gonig to take me a long time.

Bill Robertson said...

..and it’s going to bore you to tears.

ecelliam said...

Good come back !