Tuesday, October 7, 2008

indian summer

A flock of pelicans hover, then tuck their wings and dive-bomb for fish. I sit amazed and cheer, wondering if they use sonar, feature detectors ..or telepathy as I was once told. In any case they’re as close to prehistoric times as you can get. Robert takes a running start and skims across the surface on his board ~ he kicks-off a wave and goes into an aerial spin ~ landing in time to catch the wave back to shore. He does this between classes. In the distance, I see people paddling out on stand-up surfboards called Ku Hoe He'e Nalu ..meanwhile I’m riding shorebreak and getting friction burns from the sand ..Robert laughs. The sky is a brilliant shade of royal blue ..a quarter moon smiles through ~ palm trees pierce the view ~ then Ka-boom ~ another wave crashes ~ water rushes around my feet ~ Robert skims ~ and a new cycle begins.

5 comments:

Shimmerrings said...

... acceptance...

Lee said...

acceptance ~ seeing things as the actually are ..not how I want them to be ..

..which isn't too hard when I'm on the shore.

Shimmerrings said...

:) ... do you know, riding across the water does the same thing for me... the water, the wind, the sun... like there's nothing we can do about some things... but, may as well allow our selves to feel the joy that comes with being part of the Earth, in all her fabulous Glory... nice analogy you made... I've always felt that we could understand human life much better, if we looked to see what his happening with mother nature...

Oberon said...

....i'd like to invite you to join our think tank....just email me.

Lee said...

Shimmerrings ~ I love doing things that remind me I live on a planet ..

Very true about observing what happens in mother nature ..

Thank you