Thursday, October 16, 2008

indian summer

The offshore breeze is warm ..but the water is so cold it gives me brain-freeze. From the shore I can see a pod of dolphins ..if I were out there still; they’d be bumping into me. I can hear water shooting out of their blowholes whenever they come to the surface. Barb says they must be feeding ..I say I think they’re playing ..Chris says they’re probably playing and feeding ..what a diplomat. I ask them if they swam out to the shipping lanes again today. They laugh and tell me ‘whatever it takes to reach a sustained 'cardio-rate’. They’re a couple restauranteurs I know from town ..out here between the lunch and dinner crowd. I admire them. They’re both a little bit older, but hell of a lot better swimmers than me.

2 comments:

Shimmerrings said...

Sounds as though you are enjoying the season. I've been really enjoying the change in weather here. We are still have high 80 degree weather, but the wind is blowing and the trees are singing... it's such a beautiful time of year!

lee said...

Yes it is ..and yes I am. Enjoying it immensely. Although we don’t get the big change in season here ..it’s definitely warmer and clearer now than it was all summer.