Saturday, September 6, 2008

Smart people

Video exchange ~ that’s the deal ~ for one fee I get to see as many videos as I want ~ but not at the same time ~ I have to give one back before I can take the next. So, tonight I’m all psyched to see the third season of ‘weeds’ ~ I make sure to put the old video ‘smart people’ in the car before I leave. I arrive at Blockbuster and go directly to the aisle I want ~ the videos are a little mixed up so I shuffle them around until I find the one I’m looking for ~ disk three. I go up to the counter and realize I don’t have ‘smart people’ ~ must’ve left it in the car ~ so I put down weeds ~ go outside and proceed to tear the car apart ~ no luck ~ I must’ve left it at home. I finish shopping then go home and tear the house apart ~ twice ~ and give it up for lost, figuring, this time ~ before I see weeds ~ I’ll have to pay full price for the other video. I take my credit card, go back to Blockbuster, pick up a copy of weeds, and my copy of smart people is sitting right behind it.

6 comments:

Red said...

I'm sorry, and yes, I am laughing at you, but so much for you being a, 'Smart People.'

You had to see this one coming a mile away! *wink wink*

Lee said...

Oh yeah, the irony of it was staring me in the face ..(lol) Thanks ..!

Shimmerrings said...

Weeds, eh? Well, no wonder you forgot where you put it... and did you buy a box of milk duds for the munchies on the way out? This sounds like something I would do, being the space cadet that I can sometimes be. Doesn't it just seem like the twilight zone, during those times? Check out Netflix... a set fee for as many as you like, 3 at a time, 10,000 to choose from, no late fees, all postage paid. The only thing you have to worry about is to remember to send it back in. This was funny, Lee. Gotta love ya!

Shimmerrings said...

p.s. ... your photo is so full of joy and light... good for you... again, nice smile...

Lee said...

Shimmerrings ~ It feels like the twilight zone all of the time ..! (lol)

Thanks for stopping by ~ your support is so appreciated .. :)

Shimmerrings said...

:)