Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wednesday

A ringing sound wakes me in the morning ..I hit the snooze button but it doesn’t go away ..I pick up the telephone and hear Emilio’s voice going : “You’re golden” ..which means my car is ready ..I walk seven blocks to the shop ..sit there and talk about cars for a while ..he tells me the Europeans aren’t going to raise prices ..they’re afraid of losing customers .. I’m glad to hear his business won’t suffer ..I drive to my doctor's office ..we talk about the possibility of giving his ‘stress reduction workshop’ at Esalen next year ..why not, I say ..it fits ..he writes me a script for medz that I plan to buy from Canada ..I arrive home feeling exhausted ..I lay on the futon but can’t sleep ..I worry about money I’ve spent ..then imagine myself breaking a bottle of milk in the sink and watching it run down the drain ..not much I can do about that either ..I go downstairs and watch an episode of law and order ..the one with Vincent D’Onofrio ..this time they get their man by taking advantage of his obsessive-compulsive disorder ..he spends the night tearing apart the garage looking for a mistake he didn’t really make ..cool.

No comments: