Thursday, August 9, 2007

Gazing practice

I finished my 'gazing' exercises for the day ..I’m still not very good at it ..it’s not like staring into space ..but, I am getting better. They’re actually pretty simple ..I move my head around while keeping my eyes focused on a picture in front of me. The goal is to reach a ‘zone’ where the picture freezes ..without trailing or blurring. In theory, I’m training my nervous system to build new pathways to keep my vision stable. It’s similar to a technique we use with children who can’t read ..except, instead of training their visual system, we train their auditory system (sound system). In theory, this is supposed to generate pathways for handling ‘phonemes’ ..that didn’t develop while they were growing up. I think I’m getting a better sense of what these kids go through in school ..because, even though I don’t stumble over words while I read .. I am afraid of stumbling and looking foolish when I walk.

4 comments:

Miriel said...

I just wanted to pop in to say hello and see how you are. I hope you're fine and that life is being kind to you, hun. Hugs ~Miriel

msb said...

Big hugs from AZ. This is amazing stuff and hope it works for you, Lee.

Lee William said...

Miriel ~ thank you kindly for dropping by m'dear ..bessos.

Lee William said...

*hugs Dakini* thank you AZ girl ..life is amazing stuff