Thursday, October 13, 2005

Indian summer v.3

Someone yelled “..I mock you with my monkey pants”. I had no idea what that meant ..so I yelled back: “I hunt you with my safari shirt.” The light changed and I drove on ..there’s no telling where that conversation was going ..that's ok ..it was a very hot day. I went to the lab ..saw Huyen .. but she was too busy to talk. I have a wetsuit and a pair of fins waiting for her in the car ..because I know she loves the ocean ..but she’s so small and frail I’m afraid she might disappear someday. Later on I plunged into the ocean myself ..ideal conditions ..glassy surface ..not too cold ..Indian summer ..offshore flow. Afterwards I put the top down ..and drove up into the mountains ..where I sat for meditation at the Vedanta temple ..which is kind of a neat trick, just getting out of the water and everything ..even saw the sunset from there.

2 comments:

NeverEnough said...

This serene description makes me ache to swim in the ocean and sit at the temple with you.

Lee William said...

it's such a special place ..all the elements are there ..and you're invited to join neverenough