Sunday, March 13, 2016

Trump Towers

Donald Trump sounds awfully mean-spirited to me. A lot of people I know are pissed and identify with him though. They are generally hard-working people who barely make a middle-class living. They have a chip on their shoulder for those they consider responsible: educated people, immigrants and government. That makes them mean-spirited too. They identify government as the problem and believe bigger government is the solution, which hardly sounds Republican to me. However, Trump echoes these sentiments by promising higher walls and sweeping laws. He is an empire-builder with an autocratic leadership style. I’m reminded that corporations are not democracies ... they're managed more like dictatorships, which brings to mind martial law and re-education camps ... which are designed to make me behave more like a loyal employee.

No comments: