Friday, April 4, 2014

ecology of sex

Serena says she needs to get out of here .. the atmosphere is too contaminated. She’s seriously considering Ojai. I’m not sure what she means .. the air and water around here are hell of a lot cleaner than other places I’ve been. “It’s not that ..” she says  “ It’s the culture. I know I can eat a lot healthier in Ojai ..and I’m tired of performing to a room full of zombies (she’s a musician). Our culture doesn’t hold nature in very high regard. Sex is considered impure. Instead of celebrating it consciously ..we behave like barbarians and drink ourselves to oblivion first. Like we’re ashamed or something. I know I was raised believing it’s unclean unless I’m living some sort of storybook romance, which is, as far as I’m concerned ..unhealthy and totally unrealistic. It’s like sex is this shameful disease that you have to save for the person you marry.”

No comments: