Friday, March 22, 2013

Downtown

Breakfast at Pacific Crêpes then next door to the Lost Horizon bookstore. I find the complete set of diaries by Anaïs Nin. Score! Next we duck into ‘Just Play Music’ where I can’t find anything by Sigur Ró. Oh well. Now I'm chatting with Marcel at the Hemp Store. He says Serena’s sister went to visit her in Colorado ..and I’m thinking that it must have been a while ago since Serena’s living in Flagstaff now. The Territory Ahead has vanished and nothing appears in its place. The Church of Scientology is still around the corner though. Something’s missing. There used to be a colorful fountain with a waterfall at the entrance to Paseo Nuevo by Banana Republic. There’s a Brat House with German waitresses now. Admission is playing at a nearby theater. We duck in. It was OK. I enjoyed watching Tina Fey.

No comments: