Thursday, January 24, 2013

Neuróticos Anónimos

“I can’t seem to face up to the facts / I'm tense and nervous and I / Can’t relax / I can’t sleep ‘cause my head’s on fire / Don’t touch me I’m a real live wire.”
Day 48:  Hi, I’m B. and I’m neurotic. I get uncontrollably weepy during movie scenes. Especially when someone is experiencing some kind of adversity ..as well as when they’re overcoming adversity. Watching ‘Hunger Games’ was a real roller coaster ride. I get angry when I read the paper. I quarrel with authorities, my father, and other family members ..even when they’re not around. I feel like my tolerance for frustration is slipping into dangerous territory, which frightens me because I’m obsessive about my mental health and take frequent sanity-checks. When it checks out OK I’m afraid I may be rationalizing something away. Like, is so much media distraction good ..? Beats tranquilizers. But when does it start to do just the opposite ..? I go around and around a lot. I’m irritated by people who show-off during casual conversation. I’m irritated by myself for showing off during casual conversation, which tells me what I dislike about others is most often myself.

1 comment:

sixismael.1071@gmail.com said...

Algún centro de apoyo en Portland Oregon?