Thursday, May 21, 2009

NinJa

My neighbor is pointing at a group of trees and saying “..they just gotta’ go!” It feels like another part of me is about to be yanked out. I also found out Dez and Anastasia are moving back to LA. Boy, I sure hate seeing them go ..how sad. A principle of zen pops into my head .. ‘notice change’ ..followed by another ..‘notice reactions’. I decide to go for a walk and try to shake-off these feelings. The atmosphere on the street is festive ..lawn parties and beer kegs ..and the weekend isn’t quite upon us yet. It’s because Nine Inch Nails and Jane’s Addiction are playing at the Bowl. I can sense the energy ..makes me feel like a teenager again. The street is filled with kids dressed in black and white .. and splattered with orange and red. “Dazzling” says Señor Jim as he walks up from behind ..startling me ..and disappears down the street. I see one group weaving through the crowd .. hoping to get free tickets to see the show (the way I used to). Others are just looking for a free high (the way I used to). I’m getting high just standing here. A young couple tells me, in a serious manner, that they’re here mainly to see NIN. Jane’s Addiction is like, so old school, they say. Uh-huh (?) Some people don’t know who’s playing ..or what’s going on even ..but it doesn’t seem to matter much to them. They’re like “Where’s the party ..bro!”

4 comments:

Bill611 said...

"Notice change. Notice reactions." Thank you. I need that. Why is it that the simplest of instructions, like these, are the hardest to do? I am SO not accustomed to observing my own inner dealings with things... Why is it that 'reaction' comes so much more quickly than simple self-observation?

Once again, Bill, you've nailed me where I live.

Blessings.

lee said...

It's an going practice ..and you're right ..it is not easy.

Thanks

NeverEnough said...

Some things never change, huh?

lee said...

Hey Jen ..that's very true my friend