Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quiet morning

It is so quiet this morning I’m afraid my usual wake-up music will sound too jarring. So, I listen to John Williams (the guitarist) instead. Sometimes I think that the flavor of coffee is enough to give me a buzz. A classical case of classical conditioning I suppose. I sit and read the economic news ..which somehow makes me feel smart (I think because I know what a ‘mortgage-backed security’ is). I also like reading stories about people who beat the odds. There’s one here about a woman who lost a big-time job as editor for a magazine ..at age 55. So now she’s trading what she knows for online skills at an Internet start-up. Reminds me of how adaptable people can be ..which gives me a perspective makeover when I’m feeling down, thinking my own petty-ass problems are, like ..major catastrophes or something

No comments: