Saturday, May 10, 2008

John Fogerty

Tonight I caught part of the John Fogerty concert that I missed last week while I was at the KT Tunstall concert. He’s on KCET soundstage ~ which I will put down whatever I’m doing to go and watch whenever it comes on. I never saw a ‘Credence’ concert when I was a kid ~ but friends of mine who did always came back and told me they were hot. “Wish someone had told me before the show” I remember Gil say “..they blew me away.” This was before the era of readily available information ~ so, we all thought they were a bunch of Arkansas hillbilly kids who went to the big city and became successful playing the kind of music they grew up with ~ songs like ‘Born on the Bayou’ or ‘Proud Mary’ ~ that is until I started reading Rolling Stone magazine and found out that they were a group of California kids raised in San Francisco. Didn’t matter ..it just went to show me how easy it is to believe my own bullshit ..especially when a couple more people agree.

2 comments:

Shimmerrings said...

Funny, the things we base our opinions on... rather than true merit... or, even, our own thinking minds :0

Lee William said...

what the eye can't see ..the mind makes up ..that's my theory anyway ..I made it up ..lol ~ I do believe people take delight in superficial notions ..it took me a while to realize melissa etheridge wasn’t a latin soul singer like gloria estefan..she just sounded that way ..lol