Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Tuesday afternoon

Black and white has turned into green, yellow and red ..all the colors of a Grateful Dead concert ..there’s a farmers market downtown and I’m walking from place to place like a rat out of a cage ..following the fragrance of tangerines, honeydew and sage. I buy a carton of strawberries and eat them along the way ..I toss a buck to a street musician playing ‘here comes the sun’ ..look up and see ‘Aeon Flux’ showing at the Metro ..I breath deeply ..inhaling ocean air ..remembering that 12-foot monsters are pounding the shore today ..I’m content to be right where I am ..I duck into a funky music store ..blaring Eddie Veder ..I can’t find ‘Panic in the Disco’ ..I do find the Bob Dylan DVD I want though ..concerts from his early days with Joan Baez ..I’ll check it out later ..back on the street ..I hear a flute ..watch smiling people pass by ..and duck into a celebrity T-shirt store ..no 'Panic' here ..and no 'Gerard Way' figurines either ..but at least that made the sales girl laugh ..I duck inside a funky clothing store ..selling island jungle threads made out of hemp ..I get some drawstring pants ..plum and blue ..outside ..I buy some avocados for a salad ..and bee pollen for smoothies ..feels so positively Southern Californian.

No comments: